If I Had a Time Machine and Other Thoughts On Time Travel

Image result for time travel
Photo courtesy of Google Images



This week in our blogging class we had an assignment to write a post using the following prompt from Bravewriter:
You have one trip you can make in a time machine. Do you travel to a point in the past or the future? Explain your choice.

I have been thinking of this assignment all week and I have decided it's almost impossible to decide. There are a lot of different thoughts I have about where I would go to in the past. I almost exclusively would choose to go to the past. That in and of itself makes me think about this more than I probably should considering it's not an actual choice I have to make.

For instance, why wouldn't I want to go to a point in the future? Lots of people want to know what might happen but I don't! Mostly it's because I know that God has provided us with free will and that means that anything could change an event in the future. In God's wisdom he allows us (thankfully) to make the choices that affect our lives and I just don't think you could ever really know what will happen in the future.

Now the past, that's another story! There are so many things that I would initially like to see or experience. When I spent some time thinking about this more I realized that I can narrow it down to a few times in history that I would love to visit and I have categorized them here:

On a whole I think the greatest time period would be when Jesus walked the earth. I would hope that I would be able to spend some time with him learning and gleaning from the Master.

Historically, I would enjoy so many different times in history that I'm not sure I could choose just one.

As a writer (or a lover of writing) it would bring me true joy to sit and have some tea with Jane Austen.

Personally, and the hardest of them all, would be to have some more time with my mother-in-law, who taught me so much about love and life and family. We had too few years of her wisdom and love and I would really appreciate getting one more night to enjoy a conversation, a cooking session, a movie and more of her wisdom.

When I started this post I assumed that writing it all out would help me choose which time period I could narrow it down to. I was wrong. I'll accept my failure on this assignment for what it says about me. Sometimes I just can't decide between good things and better things and even the best thing of all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternity Is In It - A Poem About a Minute

I'm BACK!!! And a reading challenge

The Ruby Slipper - A Restuarant Review