Eternity Is In It - A Poem About a Minute

Pic courtesy of Eddi Van W via Flikr

I've only just a minute,
Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it,
Didn't seek it, didn't choose it,
But it's up to me to use it.
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give account if I abuse it,
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.
Dr. Benjamin E. Mays

This poem was recited by our coach at boot camp today and i thought I would share it here. It's so incredibly interesting how we perceive a minute.

This morning, while we were (suppose to be) doing a plank for  a minute it seemed like the longest minute I've encountered all week. But later, while enjoying time with my family, 30 of them went by in a snap!

How are you viewing your minutes; all the ones God gave you? Are you wishing some of them away? Wishing you were doing anything but the thing God placed you right in the middle of? When you have those encounters just remember this poem by Dr. Benjamin E. Mays. Eternity is in it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm BACK!!! And a reading challenge

Memories are powerful things