/pāSHəns/ AND /pərˈspektiv/

Have you ever waited a long time for something, expected it to occur, actully even have it started and then, nope, you've got to wait for it to come to fruition? I had an issue like this today. I've waited 2 years for something I needed. This project was suppose to be completed today. For reasons out of my control it was only halfway done. I was told it would be finished tomorrow then received a text that it won't get completed until Monday. 

You would think after waiting 2 years that 2 more days would be a piece of cake.... but nope! I find myself struggling so much with being patient for this to happen. 

I think it all comes down to expectation. For the last 2 years I didn't expect it. I knew it was a long shot for this project to be taken care of. If it had happened I would have been pleasantly surprised. Joy filled, actually. But because I expected it to happen today, even though it actually IS happening, it's in the process, progress is being made, I'm getting the thing I wanted and needed but I didn't get it the way I expected, I am disappointed. 

I discovered something tonight. It wasn't about patience at all. It was about perspective. I wasn't really patient for 2 years, was I? I just had a good perspective on the timeline for my project. Hmmmm.... Lesson learned. Patience is expecting something but having to wait for it to happen.  I need to work on truly develping patience. And realize when I'm having patience (or need to have patience) and when it's perspective that I'm using to veiw my situations. What about you? Do you have a situation where you need patience or perpective?




Perspective

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternity Is In It - A Poem About a Minute

I'm BACK!!! And a reading challenge

The Ruby Slipper - A Restuarant Review