Bestie Time is the Best Time




The Arrow And The Song

I shot an arrow into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where.
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in it's flight.

I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?

Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend. 

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Today, I got to spend some time with my best friend. I met her later in life, I was in my 30s and right in the middle of raising my kids. And the line of the poem holds so true for our relationship. "And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend." She was a gift to me then.  She continues to be a gift to me as she chooses to spend time with me and invest in my life. We speak the same language. We sing the same song. Today I needed her friendship to prop me up. And after a few hours of girl talk, window shopping, iced coffee and laughter I felt refreshed and able to come back to the things that had my heart weary. Afterwards those things didn't seem like such a heavy burden. Why? Because I sang them with my friend today. And I knew she understood. The melody was familiar to her. When I got back home I texted her to thank her for sharing her valuable time with me today. She texted me back five words that are so true:

Bestie Time is the Best Time!


 If you don't have someone in your life who you can share your burdens with I am praying for you that God brings that someone to you. We all need a Samual. We all need someone who sings the same song. Thanks, Bestie, for singing with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eternity Is In It - A Poem About a Minute

I'm BACK!!! And a reading challenge

The Ruby Slipper - A Restuarant Review